Terms and conditions
In these terms and conditions, the following terms have the following meanings:
- holiday home: the house “Villa Burghduin”, Burghduin 13, 4328 PS in Burgh-Haamstede;
- landlord: Mr M.A.M. Vaes and/or Mrs S.E.G.W. Leenen, acting under the name Villa Burghduin, in the capacity of owners of the holiday home;
- tenant: the person who enters into the agreement on the holiday home with the landlord;
- local contact person: the person who is present in the holiday home, on the arrival of the tenant for providing the key to the holiday home and for further information;
- Users: the person(s) indicated on the agreement;
- third party: any other person, not being the tenant or the users;
- agreement: the written or verbal agreement between the tenant and the landlord concerning the rental of the holiday home;
- agreed price: the fee paid for the use of the holiday home;
- other costs: the fee paid for tourist tax and for pets;
- cancellation: the written termination of the agreement by the tenant, before the commencement date of the stay.
These General Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings relating to the rental/use of the holiday home. Deviating agreements are only valid if this has been agreed in writing with the landlord.
The agreement is exclusively governed by Dutch law.
Reservations can only be made by persons who are 25 years of age or older. Bookings by persons under that age are not valid. It is not allowed for persons of 25 years or older to make reservations for persons under the age of 25. The landlord reserves the right at any time (without giving reasons) to refuse to process a booking. With an online reservation you will receive the reservation confirmation from the landlord immediately after (down) payment at the email address provided by you.
A reservation is valid from the moment that the landlord has received the required deposit. The payment of this means that the tenant has taken note and agrees with the general rental conditions and the complete description of the house, which he has rented.
Content and duration of the agreement
The landlord shall make the holiday home available to the tenant for recreational purposes, i.e. not for permanent residence, for the agreed period and at the agreed price. The agreement ends by operation of law after the expiry of the agreed period, without the need for cancellation.
When booking, a deposit of 30% of the agreed price and other costs must be paid. Payment of this amount must be made immediately. The remainder of the agreed price must be received by the landlord no later than 6 weeks before the arrival date. When booking within 6 weeks before the start of your stay, the agreed price and other costs must be paid immediately.
In case of late payment of the amounts invoiced to the tenant, the tenant will be in default immediately after the expiry of the term of payment. In that case, the landlord will offer in writing the possibility to pay the outstanding amount by return of post. If payment is not made, the landlord reserves the right to cancel the reservation and the tenant is liable for all damage that the landlord suffers or will suffer as a result, including all costs that the landlord had to incur in connection with the booking and the cancellation. Lessor has in any case the right to charge cancellation fees. In that case, the provisions of Article 8 apply. The landlord shall at all times be entitled to set off claims against the tenant for whatever reason against the amounts paid by the tenant for whatever reason.
Arrival and departure
The holiday home may be occupied on the agreed day of arrival as stated in the agreement, from 15.00 hrs at the latest. On the agreed day of departure as stated in the agreement, the holiday home must be vacated before 10.00 hours. Both on the day of arrival and on the day of departure, you must inform the local contact person by text message of the expected time of arrival as well as the time of departure.
If the use of the holiday home is terminated earlier than on the agreed date as stated in the agreement, the tenant is not entitled to a refund of (part of) the agreed price and/or other costs. In addition, the tenant is obliged to inform the landlord in good time in the event of early departure.
Cancellation by the tenant
If a reservation is cancelled, a cancellation fee will be charged. These amounts are for cancellation up to 40 calendar days (6 weeks) before the day of arrival 30% of the total costs and for cancellation from the 40th calendar day (6 weeks) until the day of arrival the total agreed costs.
Cancellation by the landlord
If, due to unforeseen circumstances, the landlord has to cancel a rental agreement, the tenant will be informed immediately and within 10 days a full refund will be made of the (down) payment already received. The tenant has no more or other right than to claim back this amount.
The tenant and other users are not permitted to use the holiday home under any name whatsoever and for any reason whatsoever to third parties other than the persons mentioned in the agreement.
Maximum number of occupants
No more than 6 people are allowed to stay in the holiday home. If this number is exceeded, the person who arranges the reception can deny access to the holiday home to these additional persons.
The tenant is responsible, which does not affect the responsibility or liability of the other users, for an orderly course of events in and around the holiday home. In addition, the tenant is always liable, which does not affect the liability of other users, for damage to the holiday home and its inventory. Any damage must be reported immediately by the tenant to the local contact person and will be calculated, unless the tenant can prove that the occurrence of the damage is not due to the fault of the tenant or users.
Liability of the landlord
The landlord is under no circumstances liable for:
- any disruption, alteration or prevention of the stay of the tenant if this is the result of unforeseen and/or insurmountable events;
- inconveniences caused by the work of third parties such as the municipality, province, etc.; this also includes inconvenience caused by construction and/or renovation activities in the vicinity of the rented property;
- injury to the tenant as a result of the stay in the rented property;
- loss, theft and damage of/to personal belongings or vehicles belonging to the renter during or as a result of a stay in the holiday home;
- interruption of gas, water, electricity or internet access;
- incorrect use or incorrect abandonment, including but not limited to excessive pollution, of the holiday home. In the event of detection, additional costs will be charged, which the tenant will then be obliged to pay immediately.
All information on the internet site www.villaburghduin.nl of the landlord concerning the holiday home, the layout, the furniture or the relevant facilities has been provided in good faith, on the basis of data of the landlord.
If any changes occur between the time of reservation and the start of the rental period, the tenant will be informed, but the landlord cannot be held liable for them.
The landlord makes every effort to make the tenant’s stay as pleasant as possible. Defects to the holiday home must be reported immediately to the local contact person, so that they can be resolved.
It is not allowed to claim any fees afterwards, so after check-out.
- In the holiday home it is allowed to bring a pet with a maximum of 2.
- Smoking is not allowed in the holiday home.
- Energy costs are not included in the rental price.
After checking the holiday home and being in order by the local contact person, the deposit after settlement of the energy costs (water, gas and electricity) by bank will be refunded to the tenant within 10 working days after departure.